The boyfriend and I have been trying to find healthier alternative to some of our favorite foods, a prime example would be the fabulous French Fry. Seriously, I adore French Fries and try VERY hard not to eat them whenever we go out to eat. Sweet potato fries, particularly when baked instead of fries are a happy compromise. I’ve made a number of variations on this recipe but this slightly spicy version is one of my favorites!
What You’ll Need
Serves: 2-3 people
- 2 Medium sweet potatoes (or Garnet Yams)
- 3 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1/2 TBSP Brown Sugar
- 1/4 TSP Paprika
- 1/8 TSP Cayenne (Or curry powder || or garlic powder)
- 1 TBSP Salt
- 1 TSP Pepper
- Further salt and pepper to taste
What To Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Farenheit
2. Wash and peel your sweet potatoes.
3. Slice the sweet potatoes into pieces about a half an inch thick, cutting the extra large pieces in half. Mix together the Paprika, Cayenne, and 1 TBSP of Salt, and 1 TSP pepper.
4. Using a pastry brush (or paper towel if you’re in a pinch) brush a thin coat of olive oil onto one side of the potatoes.
5. Sprinkle half of the mixture on to the Sweet Potatoes. Further Salt and Pepper to taste.
6. Flip the Sweet Potatoes and repeat steps 3 and 4 on the other sides.
7. Place potatoes on a metal baking sheet in a single layer and place in the oven.
8. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Sadly these were all eaten before I could grab a finished photo but I’ll try and snap one the next time around!0