This past weekend I saw some beautiful red hot chilies in big bunches at the market for only one dollar! Needless to say, I bought a bunch and immediately went home to make hotsauce.
What You’ll Need
Makes: (1 quart)
- 1 lb of fresh hot chiles, stems removed, left whole
- 1/4 lb of garlic, trimmed at the stem end
- 1 cup of rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 lb of white sugar
- 3 medium red bell peppers, roasted, peeled, and seeds removed
What To Do
1. Place the chilies and garlic in a bowl.
2. Bring the rice wine vinegar, water, and sugar to a boil. Pour over the chilies and garlic and allow to come down to room temperature.
3. Place the chilies, roasted red pepper, and garlic plus most of the liquid into a blender. Blend until the chilies are very smooth. Add more liquid if necessary for a smoother consistency. This may take some time depending on how powerful of a blender you’re using.
4. Strain through a fine mesh strainer and push the mixture through with a spatial or ladle. Discard the pulp.