This is an easy drink that’s both cool and spicy. I used my fruit infuser pitcher by Prodyne, which is one of my favorite kitchen items, but you could also make this in a pitcher and strain through a metal mesh strainer after. This lemonade is non-alcoholic, but you could easily add a splash (or two, depending on your work day) of limon liquer.
What You’ll Need
- 1 fruit infuser pitcher
- 1 can concentrated lemonade
- amount of water listed on lemonade can + 1 more can of water
- 2 jalapenos
- 20 fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups cubed watermelon
What to Do:
1. Make the lemonade according to directions on can. Add an extra can of water.
2. Chop the watermelon into 1/2 – 1 inch cubes.
3. Cut off the tops of the jalapenos and then halve length-wise. Remove seeds and devein. Slice into thin, long strips (this is so the jalapeno chunks don’t escape the infuser tube and get poured into your cup).
4. Rinse the mint leaves and slice in half or thirds, to allow the juices to escape. (I highly recommend growing mint yourselves. It’s a very hardy plant that spreads quickly, and does fine in the ground or in a pot.)
5. Load up your infuser tube with the jalapenos and mint first. Then add the watermelon on top until the infuser tube is full.
6. Place the infuser tube into the pitcher full of lemonade and steep for 10-20 minutes.
7. Serve over ice with a wedge of watermelon and a sprig of mint! I also like to rim my glass with a jalapeno.0