This is probably my favorite breakfast/lunch/snack/any time of the day food right now. I love adding slices of ripe tomatoes and arugula too! This recipe is also great with red pepper flakes, smoked paprika, or any other seasoning you like!
Recipe (serves 4)
What You’ll Need:
- 4 pieces of thick cut bread, lightly toasted
- 2-3 avocados, peel and seed removed
- 3-4 tablespoons high quality extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon plus a small squeeze for finishing
- Salt, to taste
What To Do:
1. Place all ingredients, except toasts, into a small mixing bowl. With a fork, lightly mash the avocado while incorporating the lemon juice, olive oil, and salt evenly.
2. Distribute the avocado mash between the four toasts.
3. Finish with another squeeze of lemon, a drizzle of olive oil, and, if you have it, a sprinkle of Maldon salt.